Team WinCo Paceline

Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekly Fundraising Update

Last week was a Bon Jovi week - "Whooah...we're halfway there!"  After a fast start, things slowed down but we hit some great milestones! Details after the jump...

Highlights and "shout-outs" for the week of April 22nd...
  • Milestone #1: We are at 50% of goal, with $2,505 raised to-date. Wish I could get Bon Jovi out of my head now.
  • Milestone #2: We passed $10,000 in lifetime fundraising for Bike MS (2012 & 2013)! My friends the  Bernhardts made the donation that pushed us over the mark.
  • All three donors tied for high donor of the week! My friend Jody Horton and neighbor Gregg Servheen rounded out the week's donations.
And, my second big running event of the spring (the Weiser River Trail 50K Ultra) is out of the way, so it's time to ride! Got out on the mountain bike yesterday, and have my road bike with me at work rarin' to go. I'll be posting a more detailed training update later this week that outlines my activity over the past few weeks, and plans for the upcoming month.

And, I'd like to promise you that this will be the last blog post where I quote Bon Jovi lyrics, but you never know. I actually did some research into some other inspirational Bon Jovi song lyrics and found this forum discussion, in which a devoted NJ resident is soliciting advice for which Bon Jovi lyrics to pair with his Springsteen tattoo. http://www.drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=50858 

Now, I think pairing Springsteen lyrics with Bon Jovi is like putting whipped cream on dog crap. But, I digress...As always, thanks for reading and for your support. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment