Team WinCo Paceline

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Coming Soon - Advertisements! Really? Why?

I've recently made the difficult decision to place ads on my blog. I know we don't all appreciate ads - but the decision came down to fundraising. All ad proceeds will be donated to Bike MS...

This blog exists purely to raise awareness for the fight against MS and to serve as the main communications platform between me and donors to Bike MS. I never intend to use this blog for any kind of financial gain. But, when thinking more about embedding ads, I realized that they can be a fundraising tool!

So - I pledge to donate 100% of my ad earnings to Bike MS. And, I also pledge that if these ads significantly detract from the viewing experience of this blog, I will shut them down. These ads will be triggered by blog content, not by your web surfing. Ideally then, the ads will be related to things of interest to folks who browse this blog often.

And clicking on ads should be an quick, easy, painless way for folks to make additional contributions to Bike MS. At least that's my intention!

As of now, I'm considering this an experiment. This is my first time running a blog and dealing with these kinds of things. If the ads will help raise a few more bucks for the fight against MS, then great! If not, or if they detract from the viewing experience in a significant way, then we'll shut them down. Look for ads to appear on my sidebar (below my progress bar) and below my most recent blog post within the next few days.

As always, thanks for reading, and please do let me know if you have any comments or concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment