Team WinCo Paceline

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Weekly Fundraising (and Training) Update

The week of April 29th was a very slow week for fundraising, but a great week on a number of other fronts - including training. Details after the jump...

Highlights and "shout-outs" for the week of April 29th...
  • Thanks Gregg Gracheck for breaking a 12-day donations slump. Gregg, thanks for your support again this year!
Last week also saw the publication of the summer issue of Momentum magazine, the publication of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society - featuring me and some other local riders in a article about how to train for Bike MS. This was very big news for me and the local chapter, and we're very proud of how the article and photos turned out. Juliann Fritz and Megan Nettleton with the National MS Society - Utah/Southern Idaho chapter helped me write a blog article about the experience, you can read it here...

And, with most of my major running events out of the way for the season, I've finally been able to get back on the road bike and start putting in some miles! I was able to get in just over 100 miles of riding last week, which was a pretty good start - but that number will have to increase quickly over the coming weeks. I do have one more running event on the horizon - the Famous Potato marathon on May 18th - and after that, it's nothing but cycling for me.

To help make my bike training more visible to you, I've added a Strava "widget" to the right-hand pane of this blog. My latest 5 rides will always be visible in this widget, and  you can click on any ride to see all the details of the ride - including a map of where I rode. Here's an example - this is a log of a beautiful ride I did in Sisters, OR this weekend with my friend Jan van Dijk...http://app.strava.com/activities/52576623

On this ride, we started in Sisters and climbed McKenzie Pass to the Dee Wright Observatory. The pass was just recently cleared of snow, but still closed to car traffic - so we had the unique experience of climbing the summit and tearing down the descent without any car traffic to worry about. There were a large number of cyclists on the road, all smiling, all happy, and the whole vibe was fantastic.

Approaching McKenzie Pass and the Dee Wright Observatory
Jan took a lot of photos with his GoPro camera mounted on the seat post of his bike, and I'll publish more photos as those become available...as it was a really spectacular ride!

Thanks for reading, and as always - please let me know if you have any questions or comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment